Full-Service Review ManagementGain Complete Confidence In Your Review Response Processes.
Academic research & industry surveys validate the benefits of responding to customer reviews.
- Customers expect review responses from brands.
- Customers have better opinions of businesses that respond to reviews.
- Review responses drive people to provide more reviews.
- Review responses drive people to write more positive reviews.
- Review responses drive people to write fewer negative reviews.
- An increase in the review volume and rating improves local search placement.
- The combination of better search placement and more reviews lead to higher search click-thru rates, more traffic, and increase sales.
Reason 1. The volume of new Google reviews (powered by 50 million Local Guides) is catching most companies flat-footed. In fact, only LocalClarity client has experienced a 20 fold increase in monthly reviews since 2015. This is expected to double again this year.
In addition to the sheer volume of reviews, Google continues to drive change at an incredibly rapid pace. Immediately after launching the Local Guides program they added Local Posts to the local knowledge graph. Then they added Q&A. Then they added food and service menus. And now Google is changing the entire process for home service businesses.
Regardless of the resources allocated by even the largest companies, Google local search is evolving at an incredibly rapid pace – and no one expects them to slow down anytime soon.
Reason 2. The active moderation of Google reviews overlaps the responsibility of several departments within a company. Depending on the company’s structure, it could fall under the purview of:
- The SEO team, since it’s an unpaid Google program and improved search exposure is one of the core beneficiaries.
- The Social team, since it closely follows the process of social conversations.
- The Corporate Customer Service team, since at its core it is providing customer service.
- The Local Management teams, since the complaints and the ultimate resolutions are typically local in nature.
- The Marketing team, since the local search knowledge panel includes the menus, photography, etc.
Everyone agrees that engaging with a brand’s most engaged customer base is a high ROI activity, but they also agree that a considerable amount of organizational energy is typically required to start.